We are so proud of the amazing work produced by our Finalists, and we encourage you to use these works to promote the need for climate change awareness.
The 20 finalist artists have approved the use of their art for nonprofit communications and they should always be credited. We encourage environmental organizations and members of the public to use the 20 CoolClimate Art finalists images in their ongoing climate change communications.
Here are a few things you can do with the images. Feel free to be creative and come up with your own ideas:
1. Post an image on your web site, blog, or Facebook page. (Add an art component to your web site, starting with these images).
2. E-blast an "image of the month"; to your members or contacts, with a narrative about the issue. Invite people to forward the images they like to friends and contacts.
3. Have an exhibition with an opening reception at your organization's office space, your annual conference, a coffee shop, or elsewhere.
4. Make products with the images for your donors, premiere members, or friends (e.g., buttons, stickers, coffee mugs, t-shirts, tote bags, a calendar, note or greeting cards, posters, umbrellas).
5. Have your own contest, add to art to the deviantArt community web site, or connect to the artists on the site. Get youth involved: www.coolclimate.deviantart.com
6. Make business cards or postcards with key facts about climate change that you give to people or use for your educational campaign.
7. Include an image in your email signature.
8. Make leaflets for neighborhood organizing or climate change events.
9. Add images to your press releases and your press outreach.
10. Post a billboard with the image and your organization's message.
Don't forget to always credit the artists and let us know what you've done to include art in your climate change education! If you'd like a downloadable PDF of these items, click here.